Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Om Nom Nom

Late Night Improvised Food:


So over the past few weeks, I feel upon some tight times with money and wasn't able to go grocery shopping for a while there. Anyways, you get pretty crafty when forced to and I invented some amazing meals out of all of the left over ingredients that were in my cabinets. Consider me a chef under pressure. Well, I figured I would share my inventions with all of you. Maybe one day I'll write a cook book of sorts; hopefully I can remember everything that went into the dishes.

Noodles and stuff:
Boil some noodles, any kind will do. I sauteed some green peppers, onions, capers, and garlic in another pan. Then I made a rue within that veggie mix, and added some spices like Cumin, Oregano, Cilantro, Chili Flakes, etc... pretty much all the spices in my pantry, and continued to let the vegetables sweat. Then I drained the noodles and added them into the other pan. I topped it with mozzarella cheese and it was done! I've got to say for as little that went into it, it was delicious.


Steak Sammich:
Here I used some steakums, but I had to spice 'em up a bit. This time I only used the garlic, onions and capers in the saute. I broiled some pepper jack cheese on white bread and added the steak mix to it. Personally I added some mayo and mustard to mine, but my boyfriend and his friend just ate it as was.


More to come, but for now...

Bon appitite mon ami!

No comments:

Post a Comment