Monday, July 9, 2012

For Yesterday

Moments Matter:


This is my missed-post-makeup for yesterday, and the topic is life. Our studio sometimes goes out to the local hospitals to photograph the children in the ICU and other parts of the hospital. There was a picture of a child I'd seen before on one of the counter-tops a few days ago; looking into his eyes, I felt a sense of guilt. For the most part, I'm a healthy, happy, individual with my own apartment, jobs, and life... this poor little boy was stuck in the hospital, maybe permanently. Yesterday, I was about to leave work, when my manager starts taping a photo to the wall, a usual custom in our store, and I looked at the face on the page... It was the little boy. His name was Ryan, and he was two years old when he passed. I couldn't help but to tear up, it is the middle of summer, the weather is beautiful... he should have been home, he should have been crawling around in his back yard with his parents... there are so many things that should have been different.




At the bottom of the photograph, my manager had written,

"Don't ever think what you do doesn't make a difference, because it is more important than you know." 




It's true, touching another person's life really does affect it more than you know.


Not to mention the fact that life is precious. We need to live everyday like it's our last, because you never know when it will be the last one.



No comments:

Post a Comment