Friday, November 9, 2012

November: the Month That Wasn't

Hey guys,

So I'm just sitting here wondering what ever happened to November. Of course, it comes every year, but as I get older I'm noticing that it is growing less and less important. Okay, for instance, I've been seeing obscure Christmas advertisements since September. Why is it that businesses need to saturate my days with Christmas ads? As if I don't already know that it's coming up... as if I don't know that I'll be spending far too much on presents this year. I just don't understand.

Not only are the ads under my skin, the holiday music is ALREADY playing everywhere. It's freaking November. You know the month before December? Yeah it still exists. I adore Christmas music, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, but after a while it really wears on my nerves. I guess I don't understand why it has to play all the time.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving next, sorry America. I like to take my holidays one at a time and I definitely do not like to rush anything. This world is constantly urging me onto the next thing before I've finished with the first. It's just not natural and certainly not for me. I'd rather slow down and take my time, but apparently that way of thinking has long since died out. It's unfortunate because I think people would be far less stressed out if the world just slowed down, even just a little bit.

Personally, the holidays are a very expensive time for me. Not only is there Christmas to buy for, but my anniversary with my boyfriend is three days later. So double gifts must be bought and thought of, which is the worst part for me. I can't always think of things that people would want and they usually don't give me any hints. It's just stressful, when it really shouldn't be. I miss my childhood when things were so much simpler. I want THAT holiday season back, please?

So happy November dear readers, try to enjoy it without THE holidays looming over your head. I know I'll be sitting back, eating some turkey with my family and enjoying the time we have instead of thinking about something that is a month away.

No comments:

Post a Comment